Howdy y’all! I’m going to try something different and allow my readers a chance to get to know me on a more personal level, so here we go ~
Do you have any daily rituals that just make your soul sing? I have a few to share with you:
- I love to clean the apartment daily. Lemon Pine Sol is my spirit animal. I use it on everything, from the cat box to the counters (not at the same time, ha!). Nothin’ like a nice clean rag to dirty up and some Pine Sol, I say!
- As you might be able to tell from this blog, I adore my morning coffee. I am a creamer connoisseur and am hoping to try making my own flavored creamer sometime soon … for now, store-bought works (despite being laden with unhealthy ingredients).
- I take a relaxing hot bath every night and shave my legs. Something about a hot bath is just so soothing, and I have a hangup about feeling clean when I slide into my bed sheets.
- I paint my nails in the morning. I’m trying to grow out healthy and strong nails after years and years of biting them out of nervous energy, and painting them each day reminds me of how strong they’re getting (and not to take a chomp!).
- Obviously, I enjoy my daily workout(s), and I can’t imagine my life without them. They keep my bipolar disorder on the defensive, and I love me a good sweat session to work out my anxiety … that’s primarily why I workout, y’all, to keep my demons at bay. It really works!
- I cook dinner for my Luke every day that he’s working. I feel like it’s a special way for me to give him a part of myself … cooking is like a wonderful song that I sing well, and I get so much pleasure if he says that my food is tasty and nourishing.
- I do my makeup and hair everyday, and I’m a bit of makeup junkie. My hair sometimes goes two days without a wash (hello, dry shampoo!), but I feel incredibly un-put together despite curling it. Perhaps I need to study up on braids for those days! I also wear sunscreen daily and do clay masks (mixed with coconut oil) to draw out impurities … my skin has taken a beating due to years of eating disordered behavior, and I’m trying to help it out.
- Of course, how could I neglect to mention how much joy my kitties bring me each day?! I try to love on all three of them in the morning when they’re most receptive to attention. Caprica is often the first thing I see when I wake up, and Calliope comes up onto the bed every night without fail as I’m trying to fall asleep and cries her insistent little “ow, ow” for butt scratches. Ah, my dear kitties!
I had two hard boiled eggs with S+P and a squirt of French’s Spicy Mustard (not pictured because I promptly forgot it!) along with some strawberries and sugar. I wasn’t terribly hungry this morning, but I needed a bite to fuel my workout. I also had some Green Vibrance to drink … it tastes the way alfalfa smells, so I hope it’s worth the health benefits, ha! I should try taking it with OJ or something else that might cut the taste.
I enjoyed half about half of a cup of cottage cheese on a bed of spinach and half a tomato with roasted carrots, broccoli, and green bell pepper (baked with my usual EVOO, S+P, and Fajita Seasoning). Hummus, ranch, and Pace salsa on the side for dipping (a teeny bit, y’all … I’m trying to cut back). Hot Matcha tea with stevia to drink.
Tonight I made my recipe of deer tenderloin and onions (I might get a hair up my ass and post that recipe one day) … I had some deer and some skillet-roasted broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, and kale with butter, EVOO, S+P, and garlic. BBQ sauce on the side. Easy peasy. Coffee to drink.
For my first workout, I did cardio – I “elliptical-ed” for 50 minutes and walked for 10 minutes. 🙂 I also did about 120 sit ups … gotta keep my core coming along, right? For my second workout, well … Luke and I got to the gym, and his intestines started hurting in a bad way. We did two machines and called it quits, so today will count as our rest day instead of tomorrow. Poor Luke had to call in sick to work since his cramping was so terrible. 😦
Mood-wise, I was fine this morning, but then I had a low spell in the afternoon which carried into the evening. It might have to do with the weather suddenly turning a little rainy and very overcast. I’m sensitive to changes in the barometric pressure and such, so this is not a far stretch. I feel exhausted and very drained as I type this post … here’s hoping that this isn’t a tread, but at this point, that’s up in the air since I’ve felt so stinkin’ low lately.
That’s my spiel for today … I’m going to take a hot bath and see if that doesn’t help out my mood. Good night, all!