Happy Thanksgiving, y’all! How are you doing today? I hope you’re having a happy Turkey Day! 🙂
Today I’m grateful for many things, but here’s a small list ….
- My dear husband Luke, who works so hard for us and who is going back to school so we can have a better life. He’s my rock, my love, my twin flame. I’d be lost without this man, I tell you what!
- My Mom and my sister, Jenny, who support me unconditionally during the rough times and who love me during the good times!
- Our kitties – Calliope, Persephone, and Caprica – and Drogo the Ball Python … they love me relentlessly and always want cuddles (even the slithery kind!).
- Our little apartment – it definitely feels like home, and I’m so grateful for that fact as I’ve lived places that don’t feel like home, and it’s miserable.
- My in-laws … they’re such supportive people who are always there for us.
- My health. I haven’t treated my body correctly for years, and now I’m happily on my way to being healthier and happier in my eating and with my workouts.
- My sobriety. It’s so wonderful to be sober, y’all, and I wouldn’t trade the feeling for the world – truth.
- My doctors and my medications that keep me stable and as happy as possible (it’s a challenge at times, but hey, life is all about challenges).
- And last but surely not least … I’m thankful for God and His many blessings.
I am one lucky girl and have so much to be thankful for that it’s ridiculous.
Alrighty, onto my eats for the day ~
I had my usual fresh fruit cup with some sugar around 7:45 as a start to breakfast – the pic is a little blurry, so I do apologize! It’s that early morning haze a moi.
Around 10:30, I was feeling snacky, so I had some baby carrots with salt with hummus and light Fiesta Ranch. I just ADORE carrots, y’all – so sweet and crunchy, especially with a little salt. Probably my favorite vegetable, with broccoli as a close second.
I ate some steamed carrots, broccoli, and red bell pepper with added S+P and a drizzle of Fiesta ranch at 12, and the veg truly filled me up for a while. Gosh, I just love vegetables, roasted, steamed, raw …
For my snack today around 2:30, I had half of a United-homemade jalapeno cheddar bagel with Boar’s Head ham, Boar’s Head Vermont cheddar, honey mustard, and a few organic greens. This was a rather large snack for me, but I needed something besides fruit and veg in my system. 😉
More fruit for dinner …
I admit, I’m still exhausted from my panic attack last Saturday and Sunday … I was dog-tired all day today! I’m looking forward to bed for sure … here’s to a Happy and low key Thanksgiving for us! I ate a bit more than usual today, but hey, that’s okay.
Hope you’ve had a good one! 🙂